Better Manage, Monitor and Evaluate IT Investments with Project Portfolio Management
Creating Better Business Results with Project Portfolio Management
“Before Eclipse we were not managing our portfolio of projects and having trouble ensuring the methodology we had in place was followed. Now we are able to manage from the big picture of the full portfolio down to each individual project.”
Mark A. Farrow, Director, ICT
Hamilton Health Sciences
Comprised of five unique hospitals and a cancer centre, Hamilton Health Sciences employs nearly 10,000 people who take pride in caring for their many patients and families. Their facilities offer a range of acute and specialized services, catering to health care needs from preconception through to aging adults. Each of their hospitals has specific areas of expertise and together, Hamilton Health Sciences is one of the most comprehensive health care systems in Canada.
Hamilton Health Sciences’ vision is to be leaders in exemplary care, innovation and academic excellence. By planning strategically, they want to be sure that their activities are aligned, measurable and results oriented.
Increasing demand to better manage, monitor and evaluate IT investments as well as other projects and initiatives.
- Current processes were very manual using excel and word, with no tool to track and measure the progress, implementation and lifecycle of initiatives hospital wide.
- No way to ensure projects were being carried out by priority or aligned with hospital goals and objectives.
- Lack of communication and collaboration department and hospital wide, created resource overload and neglected project issues.
- A growing master list with over 450 initiatives and 58 corporate programs to report on.
Eclipse PPM was implemented in 3 key areas: IT, Engineering and Corporate Groups with a product champion in each area.
- Project Managers and Senior Management are able to track and evaluate the progress of projects in terms of timelines, financial aspects, key issues and other defined metrics.
- Project prioritization made easy by tying initiatives to Hospital objectives.
- Increased project communication and collaboration with a centralized location for all project information including documentation and resource availability.
- A process to manage project intake with a step by step “wizard” to create consistency.
- Ability to track project progress, including staff time from anywhere with Eclipse’s web based reporting.